Bipolar Disorder Symptom

Bipolar Disorder Symptom.Grandiosity is a symptom of mania or hypomania in bipolar problem (aka manic depression). In the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual IV (DSM-IV), it is utilised in mix with various other signs and symptoms to affirm a diagnosis of this disorder. This symptom also happens in kids with early onset bipolar condition.

Roget's II: Thesaurus defines grandiosity as "boastful self-value or display" and presents the words "ostentation," "pomposity" and "pretension" to additional illustrate this definition. In brief, it is an exaggerated feeling of one's value, electrical power, knowledge or identity. It typically has religious overtones. The term "grandiosity" is employed to describe the larger-than-everyday life feelings of superiority often veteran by those in a manic episode.

An Illustration of Grandiosity from our Local community:

I am a committed mom and wife. Nevertheless I located myself embroiled in an affair that I assumed was the equal to Abelard and Heloise, Lancelot and Guinevere ... I'm so embarrassed and ashamed of myself now.
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Search